Wednesday, February 29, 2012

rainy day

it's been such a dark, rainy day today. days like this, all i want to do is stay in bed and nap and read and watch silly shows on netflix. (ha, i wish!)

no, instead i was woken quite early and quite unpleasantly by a very bad smell. my daughter had woken up with a very upset stomach and her bedding and pajamas were in the kind of state that had me starting the day out gagging. an early morning bath for olive and a load of laundry later, we finally made it down to eat some breakfast. not that either of us had much of an appetite by that point to eat much.

it was a surprisingly productive rainy day. i decided to wash my bed sheets as well, and cleaned and vacuumed all morning. it feels good to have everything smelling and looking nice. maybe "nesting" is setting in already?

i even let olive play with play doh all morning (under closer scrutiny and supervision,) and organized some preschool curriculem i've been meaning to sort out and look at for months. hopefully we'll have the motivation and energy to start on some late this spring after the excitement of baby silas coming wears off a bit.

i've been trying to spend olive's nap time off my feet, either napping or doing something quiet because it helps so much in the evenings with the heavy braxton hicks contractions and swelling in my hands and feet if i have those couple of hours of rest. but today i really wanted chocolate chip cookies, so i spent my afternoon doing that. i'll try to convince myself they were worth it when i can't sleep tonight (and when my midwife disapprovingly informs me i've gained 10 lbs since my last visit.)

i've obviously felt very uninspired lately. i miss working on blogging, taking pictures, and being creative, but i have no energy or motivation to do any of it. thank God for my iPhone, which makes taking pictures and keeping in touch with friends and family so darned easy, or i'd have nothing to remember this pregnancy or the events of the last 7 months by. i'm hoping and praying that after silas gets settled in, i'll find my old self again.

until then, we're still here, getting rather impatient for a special little boy to arrive and shake things up. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!