Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's A Major Award!


Well, maybe it's not quite THAT major but it's still pretty sweet.


The very kind Bird On a Pencil nominated me for the Inspiring Blogger Award. I really enjoy her blog, especially her book reviews! She is always giving me ideas for new reads. Stop by her blog sometime and say howdy!

Now, as per blog award instructions, here are 7 things about me...

1. Taking horrible selfies is my forte. I have "a thing" going for that front facing camera on my phone. It enables me to get that "perfect" over-thought, totally ridiculous self portrait. Yes, at the time I apparently was feeling pretty full of myself thought this was a perfect shot. I think I had just finished a challenging workout and was feeling particularly tough? Yikes. If you were to steal my phone and go to my photos file you would find even more horrific selfies, and lots of them. And that is why my phone is password protected! I'm not the only one who does this, am I? Anyone?

2. My very first kiss was "THE kiss" on my husband's and my wedding day. And you know what? It was a sweet, romantic idea but a very horrible, awkward kiss. It'll make for an interesting story to tell the kids. And to give this story a happy ending, you should know that we eventually got much better at the kissing thing, so I don't dwell as darkly on the fact that our first kiss was a major dud in front of a hundred people, (at least not as much as I used to.)

3. I was homeschooled from pre-K through 12th grade. And yes, I was one of those stereotypical home schooled teens who wore jumpers and went to 4-H and was not very socialized. But I turned out pretty A-ok in the end. I think.

4. I have always loved the name Jude, and was going to name my first son Jude, but before I had the chance my Mom stole the name and named her little white Havanese dog Jude. Thus, the name is ruined. Forever. Yes I am still holding a slight grudge. (And the moral of the story is, never share the baby names you love most with ANYONE. They are not even safe with mothers!)

5. I always pour milk on my ice cream, and mix until it's the consistency of slush. I am pretty convinced my Dad (who taught me this skill) and I are the only two human beings on earth that eat their ice cream this way. And I have no problem with that.

6. I am a hypochondriac. Google makes this condition almost unbearable. I am, on any given day, dying of a fatal, rare disease.

7. I don't believe you can ever have too many pillows on a bed. Ours seem to multiply every year and by the time I'm 30 we may need to get a bigger bed.

I am tagging these lovelies for the award...


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!