Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Scenes & Thoughts From This Home







As ready and excited as I am to move, I can't help but feel a little nostalgic about this home.

It was, after all, our very first home purchase - a miracle that at the time we didn't think possible. 

We closed on this house and moved in just 10 days after Miss Olive was born.

Silas Benjamin was conceived in and brought home to this house, and suddenly we were parents to two children. What a tremendous blessing.

I got horribly sick in this house, when my gallbladder got infected and needed to be removed.

Matt had a cancer scare in this house, and also had to have surgery that same year.

Living in this house, I spiritually, emotionally and mentally changed from a girl to a woman.

God has taught me incredible lessons in this house.

God met me right on the bathroom floor of this house, when in a horrible crisis I hit rock bottom and felt that my world had irrevocably fallen apart.

God taught me about real love and forgiveness and grace in this house.

I re-fell in love with my husband over and over again in this house.

We've had our ups and downs in this house - some truly horrible times and some beautiful, triumphant moments too. 

I will miss and be thankful for the memories contained in these old walls.





1 comment:

  1. I really love your house. I have a lot of sweet memories about that place. I'm going to miss it a lot -- but I'm so excited for your new adventure to MI. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!