Thursday, December 6, 2012

What I'm Loving: American Apparel

I know the owner of American Apparel is a sleaze bag, and their advertising is horrible. So I'll get that out of the way first off. I know of several people who boycott the brand because of these reasons and I respect their actions.

I'm not a fan of the company's founder's morals, but I am a huge fan of the products they produce. I love the fact that the clothing is made in the USA. I love the quality of the materials they use. And I love the versatility of the clothing.

Here are some of my favorite American Apparel products, and why they've become the work horses of my wardrobe. (This is not an endorsed post - I just enjoy writing reviews of products that I really love!)


The Unisex Circle Scarf. I bought my first circle scarf in 2010. It was my first ever AA purchase. I have worn and washed the heck out of it and it still looks brand new. For reals! What I love about it - it's ridiculously versatile. There are dozens of way to wear and style the scarf, from simple loops around your neck, to a hooded scarf style. It can even be worn as a skirt or strapless dress! The material is very high quality, thick jersey. It's so warm in the colder months and comes in just about any color you could want. It's one of the best things I've ever bought.


The Jersey Pocket Skirt. The best skirt ever. Seriously - if I could buy one for every woman I know I would. They look amazing on everyone, and are so so comfortable. I wish I could buy one in every color, but for now I just own the black one which goes with everything. This is another product that has held up amazingly well under lots of washes and wears. The jersey material is really top notch!


California Fleece Pullover Raglan Hoodie Dress. I bought two of these with a Groupon deal last year when I was pregnant with Silas and they are the best sweatshirts I have ever owned. I know, sweatshirts aren't very glamorous or anything, but  the cut and fit of these are very flattering. The quality of the material is SO good. I know I've said it about the other two products, but seriously, every American Apparel product I have purchased holds up extremely well under lots of washes and wears - which is very important to a Mom of very small children! They don't really work as dresses (at least not on me, I'm too curvy I think) but work well over skinny jeans or leggings. These would be great for taller girls who have trouble finding sweat shirts that are long enough in the waist.


The Interlock High-Waist Skirt. An awesome, very high-waist skirt that is made of thick, high quality jersey. It's a modest, longer length (mine hits right below the knee as I'm pretty short) but I always feel sexy and confident when I wear it. It just hugs and flares in all the right places! It's on sale right now too for just $10!


California Fleece Tulip Skirt. Another great, versatile skirt of amazing quality. This one's shorter, and works best for me over tights.


California Select Original Cut-Out School Girl Dress. I don't own one of these, but it's high up on my wish list! I tried one on in D.C. a couple of months ago and the fit is so, so good. The material doesn't feel as durable as their other products, but the dresses are made from recycled vintage fabrics. The fabric for these dresses are gorgeous, and each one is unique! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!