Friday, March 15, 2013

Eleven Months






72 / 365

So here's the post where I wax rhapsodic on how freaked out I am that my baby is about to turn ONE.

There are so many moments where I want to freeze him just as he is right now, forever and ever. I just can't stand the thought of him not always being squishy and snuggly. 

But he's on a mission to be a "big boy." It gets worse every day. He wants to be independent and he has less and less patience to sit and cuddle with me. Sigh.

God is so good. He gave us Silas, a "surprise" blessing, at the most perfect time. He knew I needed a Silas boy's snuggles and kisses and smiles this last year. 

These days Silas' favorite things are:

-Bottles.
-Yogurt melts
-Eating any food that's been dropped on the floor.
-Eating off mom and dad's plates.
-Have I mentioned eating? He likes to eat.

He also enjoys:

-Sneaking into the bathroom and pulling things out of the drawers
-Making us laugh with ridiculous, hilarious faces
-Playing piano
-Walking along the edges of furniture
-Baths

I wish he didn't love:

-Shrieking when he doesn't get his own way
-Electric sockets
-Electronics in general (he's obsessed with getting his hands on our laptops.)
-Being awake all day. He hates that one little nap I force him to take every day.
-Drooling copious amounts of spit. I guess he can't help that one too much.

I can't imagine our family without our Silas! He is a blessing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!