Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Clock Shop



There's a tiny shop downtown that has stolen Olive's heart. We call it the "clock shop." All they sell are authentic, German cuckoo clocks.

A couple of weeks ago we took her inside to see them up close. The noise level was ridiculous in there. Hundreds of clocks ticking together, some occasionally chirping, "cuckoo-ing" and singing.

"It must sound so quiet when you leave the shop," I told the owner.

"Oh, I never notice anymore," he laughed. "I'm used to it."

I don't know if I could ever get used to that, I had a headache brewing after just 5 minutes, but kudos to him!

The clocks are beautiful, darling and charming (and extremely expensive) and we think it's cute that Olive is so in love with them. We have to stop and look at them through the window on all of our downtown jaunts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!