Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday Story Time

64 / 365





I got a call from the library this morning, informing me the 6 or so kids DVDs I had checked out 2 weeks ago were a week over due (someone didn't realize you could only borrow DVDs for 1 week here, though the books are good for 3 weeks.) They also informed me I was racking up quite a lot of fines and I had best get those stupid Madeleine DVDs back before the library had to seize my car and house. (Not really, but gosh, librarians do take these things seriously!)

So I left a napping Silas at home with Matt and took Olive with me to pay my debts. And we just happened to get there right as the weekly story time for 3-5 year olds was starting. Before I could even get my bearings I was being ushered into the story time room by the librarian (who was playing a red ukelele.)

I have to admit, one of the reasons I had never voluntarily taken Olive to story time was that I had no idea how she would respond or interact. While she loves stories and reading, she rather despises singing and dancing with me. Or maybe she just hates it when I sing and dance. That must be it, because she LOVED story time. She was perfectly behaved and sang and danced with all the other kids and had a ball and I was one proud mommy.

Actually, I was the only proud mommy. I was literally like the only mother in the room, as the rest of the children were accompanied by dads (or male nannies?) It was a little strange.

So before I close, I have to share this clip because I loved it.



I, along with most of the rest of the world, LOVE her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!