Wednesday, April 24, 2013

All My Pear-Shaped Ladies!


I never ever ever ever thought I would ever ever ever have anything (everrr) nice to say about Wal-Mart. But guys. Wal-Mart has done something wonderfully right. And it's a bathing suit, of all things!

Since I live in a beach town now, and summer is (albeit slowly) approaching, bathing suits have been on my mind. I needed one that would simultaneously cover up my post-partum uglies and nicely accentuate the better parts of my pear-shaped body. (That was the most awkward sentence ever!) I knew I wanted a retro, Esther Williams style suit, but they are really expensive (exhibit A and exhibit B.) 

I don't know what I was thinking, but a few weeks ago I looked at Wal-Mart's online swim shop and found these suits! I mean, they look just like the ones from Mod Cloth, but at a fraction of the price. The suits had hundreds of good reviews online, that I read through thoroughly. I then took a deep breath and ordered the striped one.

It came in today and all I can say is, wow. Seriously. Best fitting bathing suit I've ever owned. Good quality fabric, pretty ruching, good coverage without being prudish. And it comes in a wide variety of super cute patterns and colors. (And I'm very sorely tempted to order a few more of them!)

If you're looking for a retro style swimsuit but don't want to spent $$$ for one, I'd recommend giving these a try! I mean, at $33, you can't go wrong, right? 

P.S. I found the swimsuit to be true to size. Make sure to peek at the sizing chart before ordering!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!