Monday, April 22, 2013

Frederik Meijer Gardes [Part 1]




We woke up to more winter weather last Saturday morning - including (yes, ugh) snow. So depressing - this has truly been the longest winter/latest-to-arrive spring ever. (Luckily this isn't typical for west Michigan. From what I've gathered from locals this has been an abnormally cold, wet spring. What a relief, because I don't think I could handle this every year!)

We decided to take the kids to the Frederik Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids, because they have a huge tropical plant conservatory that they keep at 80F degrees, and it just so happens that their butterfly exhibit is going on right now. Nothing sounded better to me than walking around in an artificial summery tropical paradise, filled with thousands of butterflies!

What follows is a lot of pictures (sorry.) Everything was so pretty, I went just a little shutter-crazy.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!