Monday, April 15, 2013

How to Have a Happy Monday















1. Clean your house really well Sunday night, so you when you wake up everything is neat and tidy.

2. Make sure you have something wholesome and easy ready for your breakfast on Monday morning.

3. Get yo-self (and yo-kids!) out of yo-house! Get fresh air (even if it does look like it's about to rain/snow.)

4. Come home, put kids down for a nap and have a cup of cinnamon flavored coffee. With coconut milk. (Cinnamon and coconut are a heavenly match, I tell you.)

I took the kids to the park closest to our house this morning. It's really just a sports complex, (lots of baseball fields) but it has a couple of small playground areas. We had it all to ourselves, which is my favorite way to have a park. It was gloomy outside, but the wind was warm-ish and the birds were singing and it was almost easy to pretend that spring was here. (Still waiting on tree blossoms and tulips and daffodils. So excited!)

My biggest goal for this spring and summer is to get my kids and I out of the house as much as possible. If you've never tried it before, it is really hard getting two small kids and yourself out of the house in the morning. But it is worth it. The fresh air, and seeing new people, and exploring outdoors is so, so good for us. I just need to learn how to get us up, fed, dressed and ready to go in a timely manner. I want this to be a really fun summer of exploring and adventure for our little team of 3!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!