Tuesday, May 14, 2013

10 Things That Make This Girl Happy

1. Olive and Silas' faces. Especially when I haven't seen them in 2 1/2 days. Those faces have gotten an awful lot of kisses the last couple of days.

2. That last hour of the day before bed, when the kids are safely tucked away in bed and Matt and I relax together and talk. It's the best.

3. Walks at the park, with Olive pretending to be Dora the Explorer and Silas singing "Backpack, Backpack..." (which is the only song he knows as of now.)

4. My piano. I don't get the chance to play it as often as I'd like, but the times I do get to sit at it for 10-15 minutes always leave me feeling relaxed and refreshed. I was playing a bunch of songs  from Abbey Road and the kids were actually getting into it (they don't seem to like Beethoven and Chopin as much - sillies.)

5. Spaghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce. I don't know, it just really hit the spot today.

6. Sweet text messages from girlfriends.

7. Giving my kids baths. It kills my back every time, but they are so crazy in the tub that by the end I'm always in tears laughing.

8. Reading. On my long flights to and from WV I started "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak and while not a lighthearted read, it's very very good.

9. Sunsets. Our glass sliding doors face west towards the lake, and every night (that it's not raining/storming) we get the most gorgeous displays around 8:30-9pm (the sun sets late here on the edge of the time change.)

10. Those rare, quiet moments you get all to yourself, to just reflect, pray, daydream and make lists. I need more of those moments, and am thankful for the ones that I have!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!