Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hello September






I've been quiet here because we have been busy with company and recovering from the holiday weekend. We had the best Labor Day, with some of our most favorite people. Lovely weather, lots of walks and some very late nights playing games into the wee hours of morning (Ticket to Ride and Dominion are new favorites.)

It really feels like fall now up here, and I'm starting to let go of of my tight grip on summer and welcome the new season with a little more grace. What feels the most different in Holland is the sudden disappearance of tourists. Things just got a lot more quiet and it's so nice.

We are counting down the days till our trip back to WV next week. I'm so so excited to see family, friends and old familiar haunts.

To be totally honest, I've re-written this post at least 3 times because each time I realized I was complainig too much about how miserable I've been feeling, physically and emotionally. I feel I've morphed into this extra large, awkward, achey monster who finds herself laughing or crying uncontrollably at really embarrassing, awkward times. As good as it feels to vent and as real as the feelings may be in their time, I don't want complaining to be a focus of this space, or my life. So no one should be surprised if I post sporadically from here on out.

17 weeks and counting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!