Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Snippets







It's only Wednesday and it's been a long week! You know the saying "it never rains, but it pours?" Well, so far this week we lost the contract on the house we have been trying to sell back east (the DAY before closing! I mean!) Which meant we also had to give up the contract we had on a house we loved up here in MI. And on top of that, our furnace went out and our washing machine kicked the bucket! I always think it's kind of funny when multiple things go wrong all at once. Sometimes you just have to throw your hands in the air and laugh.

The good things that happened this week:

A dinner with new friends.

Matt found my lost wedding band which had been missing for months!

Silas finally broke his "no-nap streak" and took good, solid naps two days in a row. (Poor boy has been breaking in his molars and it has been no fun for anyone.)

A new (to us anyway) washing machine that works. No more laundromats!

I experimented in the kitchen with a dairy free/gluten free quiche and it came out edible!

Pretty trees everywhere. Michigan does autumn right.

A break in the cold snap, bringing a warm breeze and much needed sunshine.

Good progress in physical therapy. I'm amazed at how much better/more flexible I feel since starting a few weeks ago. It's also nice that my therapist is a sweetheart and when I go for my sessions it really feels like I'm working out and having fun with a girlfriend.

You have to take the good with the bad and roll with life's punches. I have so much to be thankful for, that it really makes no sense to get pulled down by disappointments. Here's looking forward to entering a very busy November with an optimistic spirit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!