Saturday, November 2, 2013

3rd Trimester Favorites


Holy cow, just 9 weeks left until due date day. I know it's going to fly by at top-notch speed with the distraction of the holidays. Exciting and terrifying all at once!

The third trimester is just downright uncomfortable. Your body is absolutely not your own once you get into the 30s-weeks. As much as you might want to downplay how big your bump is, there's no hiding a third trimester belly. It takes over. I find getting dressed in the last 10 weeks is the hardest. You need to stay comfortable, but you don't want to look too comfortable. (At least when out and about town.) I have a few items in my closet that I've been wearing over and over again lately because they make me feel somewhat presentable as I waddle about my daily to-dos.



The only time in my life where I will likely ever be able to get away with wearing a body conscious dress is when pregnant. This one from ASOS is on sale for under $20! It's such a workhorse of a dress - I've been wearing it with colorful tights, oxfords and a warm cardigan but it would be a great summer maternity dress too! Best part: it's extremely comfortable. Like wearing pajamas.



I have a love/hate relationship with maternity jeans. Those big elastic waist bands feel awesome, but they always droop on me. I hate having to constantly hike up my pants. 
I bought a pair of Gap skimmer jeans on clearance right before finding out I was pregnant. They are super stretchy, and fit really well around the calf and ankle. I am still wearing them at 31 weeks (they even still button! Totally due to how awesomely stretchy they are,) and am hoping they'll last me until 40 weeks. I think this velvet, zippered ankle variety is rad.



I bought 2 of these sweatshirt dresses before I had Silas and wore them through his pregnancy, and I'm still wearing them through this pregnancy! They have held up extremely well. Super comfortable, and cut in a very slim, flattering shape for a sweatshirt, especially around the shoulders. I wear mine with leggings to the gym for physical therapy on brisk fall mornings, but it also looks nice and casual with skinny jeans and a jacket. 



Speaking of leggings, please do yourself a favor, whether pregnant or not, and get your legs a pair of fleece lined leggings this fall/winter! Oh-my-gosh they feel so awesome. My sister bought a pair from Target and raved about them so much that I got a pair too, and I wear them practically every day. So warm and soft! (If you're pregnant, I'd recommend getting the L/XL pair, no matter your pre-pregnancy size. The legs won't look too baggy, and your bump will thank you.)



These shoes are great, pregnant or not, but I especially love them during this third trimester because the wedge is the perfect height and they're really comfortable to walk in. I picked them up during Urban's 50% off-all-clearance section sale that ended a few weeks ago, but they're still not a bad price right now. They quality is really good, and I know I'll enjoy wearing these with jeans and dresses just as much after the baby's born.

Any other pregnant mamas out there with tried-and-true third trimester dressing tips? I'd love to hear what's made you feel great during this most awkward, difficult-to-dress stage! 

This post was not sponsored, I just enjoy sharing things that I find and love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!