Friday, December 6, 2013

Currently!



These kids were so good this week while Matt was away for work. Love them so much!

Matt was in NYC all week for work. I always dread his work trips, and they always seem even more formidable when I'm pregnant because he's such a great support and help to me on a daily basis. His absence is sorely felt. But this trip actually went pretty smoothly. The kids were so unbelievably cheerful and helpful (well, as helpful as a 4 year old and 1 year old can be, you know...) The worst part was that I could not sleep. I never sleep well when he's out of town.

He was supposed to get in early this morning, around 1AM, so I waited up to see him. When he got in though, he had to jump immediately back on the phone/computer. Major work emergency. He worked until 5AM. And of course, I couldn't sleep either, mostly because I was brooding and feeling stupid hateful thoughts about his job, so that's my fault. 

7AM came all too soon, with one kid yelling "you can come wipe me nowwwww" and the other crying because he soiled all his crib sheets/blankets. But LUCKILY I had had the forethought to bake cinnamon rolls the day before, and you know there's not many things in this broken world so bad that a hot cinnamon roll and coffee can't fix it. Right? That might just be the baby thinking for me... 

So we are quite the lovely, blood-shot-eyed, weary couple today, but really happy to be back together again. AND - it's Friday! So maybe if we're lucky we'll be able to catch up on a little sleep over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!