Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013 // Resolutions





Photos from a rare sunny day last week at Holland State Park.
I slipped on the ice and fell right on my fanny. And pulled a groin muscle. It was fun!

Hi again. Sorry, no baby yet. But we did have a nice (very fast) Christmas - and can you believe tomorrow starts a new year? 

2013 was a crazy, crazy year. Some highlights:

We moved up to Michigan from West Virginia. 
We almost died carrying our kids up about 1,000 ice covered stairs to see a very big lake. 
The kids turned 4 and 1 in the same week. 
We experienced our very first Tulip Time! 
We spent a lot of time cooling off and having fun in downtown Holland. 
We visited Chicago for the first time. 
We took a tour of the hospital where the baby will be born (and made the huge mistake of taking the kids with us.) 
Can't forget the epic moment where we spotted the Tardis at our favorite coffee shop!

2013, you were busy, messy and crazy - but I wouldn't have had you any other way. You were a great year! I'm actually going to miss you!

But I can't help looking forward to all the craziness 2014 is going to bring. Which leads me to...

2014 RESOLUTIONS.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1. Have this baby. (She obviously decided having her own birthday month was more important than giving her old Mom and Dad that 2013 tax deduction. Rude.)

2. Complete another Whole 30 to combat the 30 I've packed on this pregnancy. (Again, baby...rude.)

3. Be more patient and present with my kids.

4. Refuse to let having more kids than I have hands stop me from having lots of adventures with my family in 2014. 

Thanks to those of you who read my silly ramblings here on The Sweetness, and especially to those of you who leave me sweet comments/e-mails. You encourage me and make blogging a lot more fun.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!