Friday, January 3, 2014

Whomp Whommmp.

Today's my due date!!!

But, unfortunately I still look like this.



Aww, isn't 40 weeks just...peachy? 

It should be noted that meandering into Forever 21 at 40 weeks is most definitely a mistake,
even if everything IS 75% off. 

(Actually, going out of your house - period - is probably a mistake at 40 weeks.)

(Unless you're on your way to the hospital, of course.)

The looks! The raised eyebrows! The loud comments from strangers on your epically huge size!

And then the ugly-crying into your americano in the car on your way home, because you are really
starting to believe you are going to be pregnant and puffy for the rest of your life!

Here's the scoop, complete with gross TMI details. (You know you want them.)

I was 3cm and 70% effaced at my appointment today.

Which means I haven't progressed at all in over a week.

No matter that I have been trying all sorts of tricks to get things going since Christmas!

The fact is: Frey babies are just stubborn. Olive was 10 days late, and Silas 4 days late.

So, we're giving it another week to see if things start happening naturally.

If nothing happens before next Thursday morning, I'm checking into Hotel Hospital for an induction.

(I'd wait longer, but my OB is going out of town and I'd really like her to deliver the baby.)

So please send up some prayers for me that this kid will catch the hint that we want her here soon!

Though, to be fair to her, I don't know if I'd want to be born in weather like this either...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!