Friday, June 20, 2014

Papa Comes To MI


I used to dread summer on the east coast, but now I love summer. Summer in Michigan just rocks, you guys. Great weather, so many fun things to do, beautiful scenery, and everyone's super-de-duper happy because there's not a snowflake in sight. 

We stay so busy in the summer. Lots of activities and lots of company. My Dad kicked things off this summer by coming up and staying a week with us right before Father's Day. It was so great! It was the first time he had ever visited us in Michigan, so we had a blast taking him around to all our most favorite places. I especially enjoyed the special times he and I had going out for walks and coffee, just the two of us. I'm so thankful he took the time and energy to drive up and visit.

I think one of our favorite days of his trip was the day my Dad and Matt went kayaking and the kids and I met them at Windmill Island. The kids were so excited to see Papa and Daddy in boats! Now Matt and I keep thinking about kayaks and wondering if we could fit a two-seater in our garage...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!