Friday, June 19, 2015

Making // Sculpey Clay


I took a bunch of polymer clay with us on our NC trip to use with Olive, and once I started playing with it I couldn't stop. 

I made a necklace, (seen above) inspired by the one I spotted on "Cup of Jo" last fall. I thought about glazing the beads, but I ended up liking the natural, matte finish. I'll be wearing it all summer.



Inspired by this tutorial I had seen several times floating around Pinterest, I made coasters and a little ring dish for my dresser. As I was mixing the clay to make the marble patterns I started feeling discouraged that I was doing it wrong and that they'd look too silly to ever use, but once I painted the edges with some gold leafing paint and glazed them I couldn't believe how much I loved them! They're punchy and bright and just fun. I enjoyed making the ring dish too, but it took a lot more clay than the coasters. 

Now I'm wracking my brain for more ideas of things to make with my leftover bits of clay. Any ideas? I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. I loved polymer clay when I was younger! This has inspired me to get my hands on some and make a similar necklace. I love it! My younger self would suggest using those small pieces of clay to make doll food, but I don't know how helpful that is to you at this stage of your life.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!